Friday, October 17, 2008

That's it, that's my house, I live there.

We have been in our house for just over a week and are slowly getting everything put in place. I am lucky to have Liz who is such a great manager of our home. We are loving it here so far and enjoying the great fall weather. We are still without TV, which was annoying until I realized I was spared watching the BYU game last night. We just got internet service but haven't set up the office downstairs yet. However, we do have a camera now, so we are back being able to take pictures, as you'll see below.

This past weekend we had fun exploring our new area and spent part of Saturday at a farm with a corn maze, pumpkin patch, hay ride, etc. We'll post the pictures soon. After church on Sunday we went to Eagle Creek reservoir to explore (below). Charles started school and "likes everything more than his old school." Joey spends lots of time in the backyard, in the basement, and watching movies. Tori just follows everyone around and NEVER STOPS TALKING. We still miss our friends from San Antonio, but we're looking forward to living here for a while. Here are a few pictures of our house. Oh, and 5 bonus points for whomever can place the title of the post.

Our house from space: Tori in the front of the house.
Shot from the sidewalk.
Tori posing again on our front step.
The boys playing in the backyard. Here are some pictures from our fall foliage Sunday drive to Eagle Creek.





Can anyone name these two species?

11 comments:

Kara said...

your house is very nice. Congratulations

Anonymous said...

Cool house; cool beautiful blue sky; cool fall leaves; cool birds; way cool kids and mommy! Love the pictures. Can't wait for more.

James and Natalie said...

Glad to see you guys are getting settled in. The good thing is you're that much closer to us now. And, 5 points for me because that line is from "Say Anything"

jenafeldman said...

The pics are great. I love the new house, is it the one you hoped wasn't gone by the time you were home from vacation? Can't wait to hear more about the area. Congratulations guys.

Joe said...

Ding ding ding--James wins. He is one of the two people I thought would know it right away (yes, Heather, you're the other one...).

Any takers on the birds?

jane Cobber said...

LOVE the house! It is so cool looking. I also loved the pixs of the leaves and lake. I'm glad you got a new camera:) Have fun getting settled. It looks like you are off to a good start!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the new digs are cool. You guys are very adventerous and I'm not suprised that your first Saturday you spent exploring the area. Tori is cute posed in the front of the house. Ashley and I were noticing your new house looks a little like your San Antonio house with the brick. It sure looks like your fishin' pole is gonna get a workout! :) The species are: Downy Woodpecker and Yellow Warbler. It does make it difficult to not hear their song but that's ok. Hahaha. We're glad you guys are getting settled and we'll have to go out and visit sometime and you can show us around like S.A.

Bryant P. Castleton said...

Glad to see you guys are getting settled in. Great house and neighborhood! Transitioning from San Antonio to fall must be a crazy experience - we miss San Antonio but do love the fall!

H said...

Beautiful home! Beautiful views! Beautiful children! Beautiful wife! Haha! How fun!

yes...James got here first.

Jenn S. said...

Wow! It looks gorgeous, all of it! The yard looks amazing . . .

So glad we got to see you guys, thanks for making the stop to see us!

xoxox

Mikala said...

I LOVE it! It's beautiful, and your kids look great. I'm do glad school is going good for them. OH, for sure come and visit us! We would love that! We may be moving soon, but I'll let you know.