Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Holidays to all our friends and family. We are enjoying our time together as a family today and thinking of all of you across the world. We are happy to report that Santa had a success rate of nearly 100% with the various gifts that he brought (i.e., the kids actually want AND play with them--he's usually somewhere in the 50-60% range).

We are blessed as a family and especially mindful of our Creator and our place in His plan. For us, we are humbled to celebrate the birth and atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ during this season, and wish each of you all the best wherever, whenever, and however you celebrate during this time.

Last night we held our Christmas Eve program, where we sang songs, recited Luke 2, recited 'Twas the Night Before Christmas,' set out a letter and treats for Santa, hung our stockings, and participated in the time-honored Kewish tradition of opening one present Christmas Eve (that is always pajamas). We even had Grandma and Grandpa Kewish on the horn from China for part of it, including a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday to Grandma. Here is a picture of the kiddies modeling the brand-new pajamas that they had just unwrapped.

5 comments:

Rob said...

Merry Christmas guys! You'll be happy to know that as we were helping Lauren track Santa's path across the world on Christmas eve, she was adamant that he visit Texas so that you could all get your presents. This year, she really grasped onto the Santa concept, and we leveraged that for all it was worth to get her to cease being naughty!

Funny that your Christmas Eve tradition mirrors ours - pajamas for everyone.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the holidays as much as we are!

Joe said...

Well you must thank Lauren for being so nice to think of us. We were amazed ourselves this Christmas about how much our boys were into thinking of others. I really don't remember being too concerned about anything more than making sure I got what I wanted when I was a (younger) kid.

Also, thank you for the great package! It was very thoughtful and well-received--and when I say 'well-received' I mean that I ate nearly all the toffee in approximately 14 minutes and now Liz is mad at me. I told her I was doing her a service to help her avoid eating it and taking one for the team, but she's not buying it.

jenafeldman said...

The fire looks so cozy! You would never guess you guys were in warm TX. Hope you had a great Christmas... I could picture your Christmas Eve remembering back to our time in Philly singing and reciting.... Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

I think Joey is a bit worried about the fire behind him. I love the P.J. tradition we always get a new pair on Christmas eve too.

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun picture of the kids and Tori is SO excited she looks like she is on fire with excitement. heh heh
Talking about packages...we LOVED your package. We ate all the goodies and shared some of the candy and told the Chinese students it was from you. They loved the idea of it even. The 'Kiss My Face' moisture soap is wonderful and Dad had better not help me out with it. :) Everything was perfect and we took a picture of all the loot. Especially love the artwork and school picture of Charles!
The call was absolutely a highlight. I can still hear the little voices reciting and singing and asking, "Did you like that one?" You all made it feel a lot more like Christmas (and birthday too, of course)!