Saturday, February 24, 2007

Raspberries, bird feeders, and giggles

Tori has always been very quick to respond to conditioning. In other words, if she does something and gets rewarded for it, she'll repeat it over and over (so we have to be careful). This morning, when I made a raspberry sound to her, she did it back and I rewarded her. Now she's been spitting at us all day.



Everyone knows that one of the main reasons to go to Costco is to get the samples. The other day we were there and some lady hands the boys a birdseed sample and tells them to "put it in their birdfeeder." Of course, Charles immediately asks, "Daddy, what's birdseed . . . and what's a birdfeeder?" (thanks a lot lady). So we talked about how if you put birdseed outside, birds will come and eat it. The boys insisted that we get a birdfeeder, which we did, and Liz helped them put it up last week. As soon as it was up, Joey planted himself directly underneath and tried to call every bird in Texas to our feeder.



You know how your baby does something so amazing that you just *have* to run upstairs to get the video camera, then once you turn it on they just stare at you like you're insane? Tori did that to Liz the other day but Liz still got a few laughs out of her (despite acting very insane). Liz swears Tori was laughing a lot harder before she turned the camera on. Some of you may recognize the sound Liz and I use to find each other in crowded places near the end of this clip. Tori isn't quite sure what she thinks of it yet, but I'm sure she'll be making it herself soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles and Joey are hilarious. I wish you guys lived closer. I can't wait for the family reunion. I heard its gonna be off da chain hahahaha anyways Tori is so adorable she has the cutest smile.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the videos! Thanks, Mom/Grandma

Holly said...

I love Joey out there yelling, "Come get your food birdies!" That's great.
I can't wait for these little girls to get together this summer.
Liz, I keep meaning to ask you when we talk on the phone if you have seen those shirts at Target for girls. They look like that green one Tori is wearing in the second video clip. They are usually $4.99, but last week they were $3.99. They were of course cleaned out here in Utah in Gwen's size. But I got a few for Nezzie. I love them, great colors and they are good quality for five bucks!

jane Cobber said...

cute videos and what an adorable baby. I'm sure our kids think we are crazy half of the time...what we won't do to get them to smile:)