Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ballerinas and Quilts

Tori loves ballet and has been wanting a ballet outfit for sometime now. I decided that a ballet outfit would be the perfect incentive to get her potty trained. Well it worked.


Here she is dancing around the house showing off her moves and her new "ballerina dress", as she calls it.



Concentrating to point her toes and lift her leg at the same time. I think it is time for some lessons.



But don't be deceived by the pretty ballerina she's a pretty tough girl. She was trying to climb to the top of her closet to reach something this morning and knocked her head as she came tumbling down. She cried for a minute then shook it off. Notice the bump above her left eye.



Because I love this ballerina so much I made a quilt just for her. I finished it last night and showed her the finished product this morning. When I laid it out to take a picture she asked if she could dance on it. Maybe she doesn't appreciate it yet but someday she will.

8 comments:

Leslie Behunin said...

Cute little ballerina!!!!

I had no idea you were a quilter! It's a beautiful quilt Liz!

Jenn S. said...

Hooray! That girl is just too cute - good thing she has two big brothers to protect her from all the boys who will be pounding down the door in about 10 years! She's darling!

And beautiful quilt Liz! I think it's so cute that she wanted to dance on it - so cute.

Ginger said...

Yay for ballerinas and quilts. I hope it's your first of many! :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt Liz! Congratulations on the Ballerina outfit being a hit!

Joe said...

The funniest thing is how she strikes all those poses and dances on her toes just from watching the Nutcracker DVD over and over last month...

jenafeldman said...

So cute and I LOVE the quilt!!! Did you hand quilt it as well? It is just lovely.... you are very talented.

Grandma and Grandpa K said...

There are not a lot of things that she misses--hence the poses, etc. What a precious ballerina and that little face is so beautiful; even with that ow-ie.


And, LOVE the quilt, Liz.

Holly said...

the quilt looks great liz! wanna finish mine for me?