In protest of my current temperature reading of 19 degrees, last night's ice storm, and even a few recent posts on this blog, I thought I'd share a few pictures from one of my recent trips to send everyone warm thoughts.
Last week I had to go to Tampa on business. Naturally, after my meetings I headed out to St. Pete Beach to one of Liz and my favorite places in the world, the Don Cesar. This is where Liz and I spent our first honeymoon, so I couldn't let a trip to the Cigar City pass without making a side-trip out to the beach to enjoy the sun and 80-degree weather.
The Don--from the waters of the Gulf.
One of the towers with the nearly-full moon.
Looking across the pool toward the beach (I waited for a while, but the German ladies wouldn't get out of the picture--and I don't know German). The Don lobby decorated for the holidays.
6 comments:
Well, I am glad that we aren't the only ones enduring this CRAZY snow and cold! Becca is miserable and I'm not having the easiest time adjusting. I am definitely NOT looking forward to the heating bill!
At least you are smart enough to travel to places that are warmer than where you live. Me, I was stupid and went to Montreal where it was even colder!
Take care!
BTW - I am not a sailor and I even knew the name of that beautiful boat! I love the tour he gave of it on 60 Minutes!
Oh that does look very inviting does'nt it. Today we hit a nice balmy 78 degrees!! I do not like "ICE STORMS" feeling very bad for you:(
Love the warm weather - send some our way!!!
Love the pictures. It is very white outside today and the white just keeps on coming down. It's beautiful unless you have to drive in it. That's when those tropical scenes are especially appealing.
Can I go with Liz?? I can't take this anymore!!
looks heavenly.
Post a Comment