I know that is a corny title but it really does fit this post. This past weekend I was able to go to a reunion at Badger Creek (BYU Idaho's outdoor recreational facility). I worked there in the summer of '94. I met up with three of my friends and we all enjoyed a break from our daily grind of raising kids and keeping house. We were able to spend time in Jackson Hole as well as attend the reunion. Badger Creek is at the base of the Teton Mountains and is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. The mountain range is enormous and the surrounding area is beautiful as well. There is so much life out there. We were able to spot a moose, a coyote, an elk and a deer. There were also a million mosquitoes out there and the toxic repellent with deet didn't even slow them down.
Here are a few pictures from the trip.Me, Kelly, Leah and Caroline at Grand Targhee where a few of us took ski classes while at Ricks.
Me on top of the power pole (you have to climb the pole and stand up and leap off the top and try to hit a tennis ball while in mid air).
Me and Caroline climbing the wall.
After you get yourself up the wall you get to stand at the end of this little platform and jump off and take a zip line to the ground.
Me in some of the beautiful wild flowers.
Leah, Kelly, Caroline and Me getting ready to horseback ride.
Kelly and Me under the antler arch in Jackson Hole.
I was going to put some video on but couldn't figure it out with out Joes help. So, stay tuned. I may or may not scream like a girl in one of the videos, but I guess that's okay since I am girl.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Posted by
Liz
at
8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Fun! Cool! Those antlers are amazing! =) Liz you look so pretty!
I REALLY want to hear you scream like a little girl -- please post it so I can laugh my head off. :o) And if you really want to laugh (like pee your pants laugh) ask Rob (or me, since Rob doesn't want to own to it) about the time he screamed like a little girl.
Jenn, I would love to hear that story. Maybe Rob can reinact it for me.
O I am jealous I want to go horseback riding!!!!!!! Looks like you had a great weekend! Darren will be back next Thur. They are expecting a Typhoon tonight!
Sweet! Looks like a ton of fun. I would love to go to a place like that. I think I told you that the best camping I ever went on was up to the lower Teton. We saw a bear, moose swimming across the lake and the most amazing wildflowers I've ever seen in my life. It's so amazing up there. That's cool that you got to get away and have a break.
liz this looks easier than a trip to china.
What an awesome trip! We had a family vacay there last summer and it is so beautiful, we talk about it all the time.
PS - Jenn, was it the Melting Pot story?
Oh my gosh! How fun to do and to get together with old friends!
Post a Comment