Today is Liz's Birthday.
I won't say how old she turns (but it rhymes with "schmirty-schmive" and she is now eligible to run for President of the United States). Honestly, I don't know what I did right to deserve having a wife that is so perfect for me. I guess I'm just lucky. We are truly one together and I'm thankful every day to have such a great friend who laughs with me through life.
We are immensely blessed as a family, but much of it comes from her tireless work. She works so hard for all of us and to keep our home a clean, beautiful, loving, healthy place. We are all so lucky to have her. She is an amazing mother who gives everything she can for her children, works so hard with them, teaches them so much, and sets such a great example for them. Whever I notice my inadequacies as a father, I rest assured that my children will be okay because of their mom.
She is the most unselfish person I know on the planet, by a mile, and always puts our wants and needs first. If you asked her what her dream day would be, she would never think about going to a spa or shopping (as much as she would enjoy it). She would most likely say that her dream day would be "being all together as a family" (and then she'd probaby think about it and add "in Tahiti"). I just never imagined having such an incredible wife and mother to my babies who is also such a complete friend and loving companion.
I love you Lizzy. Forever. More than I could ever explain.
This is my favorite picture of her that I keep in my wallet. I don't like it just because it shows how beautiful she is, but because it was taken as she was sitting in my house in college humoring me and my crazy kid brother as we modeled our tasteless Halloween costumes, and it reminds me of how great our relationship has always been--even from the start.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Happy Birthday Liz!
Posted by
Joe
at
9:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Liz!! I'm in the middle of posting about you too! But until then, I wanted to leave my birthday wishes for you here. I am so glad that you are part of our family. I love you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ! It's pretty obvious that Joe is 100% enamored still (except that he broke the cardinal rule about revealing your age - you'll have to counsel him about that one). You guys are great. I still remember helping you move into the Sterling in Philly when you were about as frazzled as can be, but still pulled off the 'polite and charming to potential friends' routine. We love having you guys as friends.
Enjoy the day!
Happy birthday little Sis. I am late as usual with the gift, it is wrapped and awaiting a trip to the post office:) I hope you get that trip to Tahiti with your fantastic family! Uh oh you may need an extra suitcase cause Darren will figure out a way to hitch a ride!
Rob--we remember that day well. You didn't only help us move our completely full 24' moving van into our 22nd floor apartment, but you guys bought us dinner the next day. Fast forward a year and a half and there you guys were again feeding us on our moving day out! We'll never forget the times in Philly and hope to see you guys sometime soon.
Happy Birthday Liz! Its always fun hanging out with you and thank you for being such a great wife to my big bro and friend to Ash already!
Happy Birthday Liz!
What a sweet "shout-out" to a wonderful girl. Have a wonderful birthday . . .
Happy Birthday! I quite agree with all and want to wish you "many happy returns". We miss having our buddies upstairs...so easy to have a walking buddy!
Also,
FABULOUS job on the Zoo Race guys! I'll have to pick up the pace if I want to run with ya'll.
Happy Birthday!!! We are so glad to have you as a sister. What a great mom and wife you are. Spoil yourself with something fun:) We love you!
Happy Birthday Liz!!! Sorry I'm late.......I have not been on the blogs for a while :(
Post a Comment